Thursday, November 15, 2012

An extended apology

The matter of fact is that as long as I am apologizing, I must issue another apology.

I accepted ignorance but I haven't accepted lying. And I wouldn't have written anything if I didn't believe that both are equally sinister. Let me before taking this up talk about syllogism. To begin with, syllogism has a major premise, a minor premise and a conclusion. Now each of them is a proposition with two terms. To speak of apples as apples and oranges as oranges this is how it goes. If one was to say that 'All A's are B's' and 'All B's are C's', then if it is such that both the propositions are true then we can infer that 'All A's are C's'. Now, as long as the propositions are true the conclusion can stand the test of time. When it comes to ignorance and lying one cannot say all ignorance is evil or all lying is deceptive.

 The trick is not in being able to identify the bad acts associated with ignorance and lying, they are too easy to spot. Like don't be ignorant and get yourself killed or don't lie when you can get screwed for doing so. The skill is in forming an opinion about which acts of ignorance and lying are good. Now, that is a task of a wise man. So to speak I have lied and I have been ignorant. All because I haven't been wise. And great many people have witnessed this tragedy of my life. To these people I apologize, and more so to the people who were fooled by them because they are also the ones who love me the most.

No comments: