Monday, July 28, 2008

Moral Fibre


I once believed that there exists at least one unique solution to each and every problem, It might be obscure but I truly believed that it existed nonetheless, however what I didn’t know then was that every solution brought with itself an equation of a simultaneous problem.

To talk about what I believed then and what I have learnt now might seem to be a general digression from an otherwise important issue but I must assure you that experience has no parallel and no matter what you have learnt, it comes to your aid more often than not.

So let us begin with the definition of the issue that I am supposed to exalt to a status that it becomes obvious that it truly deserves the much needed centre stage. It has always been an honor for me to speak as an Indian and to be recognized as one and till sanity forsakes me I will hold my head high with pride for I belong to a country which seeks nothing in return to the motherly affection with which it has sustained several generations of great and honorable men. Men who have had the courage to sacrifice right down to the last of their belongings for the sake of their motherland, the last few of their breaths were free from any debt and hence they attained a spiritual solace even when death caressed their senses. They were great not because they wrote for themselves a history deserving attention with all its glory and dignity but because they had a mind which reasoned with only one tautology, ‘Jai Hind’. In them lay the greatest of patriotism that any individual can imagine of and probably way beyond that too. They had only one vision for its motherland and it was a vision that justified with dignity their quest for its independence whether violent or non-violent. Sadly, that vision today stands shattered, overshadowing our glorious past is rampant corruption and the fall of men entrusted with the duty of aptly representing their fellow countrymen from the echelons of humility and honor into the hands of power hungry desire. Once a sacred instrument in our struggle for independence, Khaadi is no longer the holy fabric that can sanctify the treachery of the human nature. The fall from grace of the man in khaadi has dented an ever so perfect envisaged vision of great men who lead our struggle for independence and who look down from heaven to see the land of their dreams being driven by a handful of people, who are themselves puppets stirred to motion by the unwarranted desire for power.

I see my country today in hands of leaders incapable of sacrifice. It is in fact a grave mistake if they are to be called leaders for they command respect of none. I cannot today see in the common man the faith that has always fueled any nation’s ambitions. There is a genuine lack of interest in the equation of power as it has now become a synonymous for the word amoral. It would be another mistake on my part if I refer to amoral as just another word and not an evil which has found refuge in the actions of people who desire any political dream. To be a politician today is a stigma which can wash away the best of your good deeds. Politics has stooped to a level so low that no one dares to transcend beyond the present generation of leaders. It would be unfair though to call the entire system corrupt as there is room for hope even in the darkest of times, but actions of a majority bring disgrace even to the few good men left. There is still hope for I am a believer and so are my brothers, children of ‘Hind’. Faith brings forth the strength in us to endure the worst possible scenario and I request you all to have faith, there exists a solution.

The men of honor during their times also endured pain and suffering as we are today enduring and not just physical but they suffered an emotional anxiety every time a foreigner set his foot on our motherland with condemnable aspirations. They had their set of enemies and issues and we have our own distinct yet similar set. A foreigner for us today is someone who has been deserted by morality as soon as greed for power set in his heart yet he is no foreigner as in him exist some virtues, characteristic of children of this great motherland. So there is hope as the same blood with all its warmth circulates in our hearts too. The task may be ominous but as I said a solution exists. Our leaders of past saw that solution in independence and we too have to seek a similar solution. Independence from the evil that haunts the future of our motherland, Independence from the evil which troubles our conscience, Independence in its purest and the most definitive scope, with the help of a reasoning mind which adheres to the only ‘tautology’ of any patriotic Indian.

The unique solution of independence brought with itself a simultaneous problem which we face today and it came to forth not because the solution wasn’t rational but because with time the experience faded. Power eventually was transferred into hands that were too weak to defend themselves from the evils that power brought with itself. Their hearts pumped the same blood but it had no reminiscence of the suffering and sacrifice endured to bring about the transfer of power to shape the country into the one of its common man’s dreams.

The common man looks heavenwards not just to pray for himself but for his fraternity as well. It is only here that an individual is not just an individual but a person that accepts his social responsibilities with humility and all his discerning concern. Brotherhood has lived in my motherland through ages with faith and dignity. Here is a land where respect and morality have been the pillars of its society, here in front of me is a land which speaks with humility about its magnificent accomplishments and disguises them as its duties rather than achievements. Here I witness every good deed being acknowledged. It is here where a word need not be said and your brothers will understand the reason for your pain and sufferings and without another word they will come to your aid selflessly. It is only here that every act of honor doesn’t scream for recognition. There is silence yet there is a great thinking process underway to do whatever possible for the sake of fellow countrymen. Here I stand and here shall I fall with honor.

If you believe that the spirit of morality has deserted us, then think again for it still resides in our hearts only to perform its duties when called for. Our hearts may have been corrupted but there lay in it values and ideals that we would have cherished in better times. Time is only as good as you perceive it to be hence it is time to think again and live a better life for the sake of our motherland. These are days when most of us have bartered morality for mortality, where hypocrisy speaks a language I fear more than death.

Experience tells me that before dawn is the darkest hour of the night. It is that hour and it is also the hour where we fight. We fight for our motherland, for our brothers and for thyself. The darkest hour calls for the light in us to sustain and shine with all its glory to lead us towards a path that coincides with the path towards the realization of the vision of a better future for our motherland. I wish to be a part of a revolution and so should each one of you so that when we bid adieu to our motherland we stand free of its debt. We breath last of our breaths in the land of our dreams and wish that we get another life to sacrifice in its cause. If I am asked to believe that my dream will remain stranded in the mist of turbulence, I will beg to differ and no matter what happens the fire within me will be fueled to greater heights. That day when I see my dream fulfilled may never come during my lifetime but I shall see it from above nonetheless. That day will come and its my duty to work in congruence with the best of my capabilities and to realize it. And so should be yours. Break the shackles of slumber and trek the path to the ‘inevitable’. Have faith for the dream has enough good to hold on to it. I believe in the ‘tautology’ what remains to be seen is how far we all can take it. Break free of hypocrisy and let us build a common man’s dream with whatever we have. I dream of a day when we see the innocence of yesteryears being revived and the ‘vision’ fulfilled. I dream so that I can bring to life the residual morality in my heart. Dream my fellow countryman for this is the hour when our fight begins. Promise yourself this day onwards we reason with only one conviction, ‘Jai Hind’ and we shall see a future where we have substituted ‘Rajniti’ with ‘Rashtra hit niti’. Have faith for a solution exists which this time will settle all issues for now we have experience to guide us.

1 comment:

Arush Kharbanda said...

Yar thoda old fashioned hai.
Jab tak tu politics me pahunche ga tab tak to ye bilkul bore lagege
Tab to shayad koi bhi azadi ki bate yad nahi karega.
Purene jamane me log azadi ki bat kart the kyonki tab azadi nayi nayi thi.

Lakin bad me kafi acha likha hai no one can disagree with you.