Monday, July 28, 2008

Beauty and an Idiot

Sajde Mein Yuhin Jhukta Hoon Tum Pe Hi Aake Rukta Hoon
Kya Yeh Sabko Hota Hai, Humko Kya Lena Hai Sab Se
Tum Se Hi Sab Baathe Ab Se Ban Gaye Ho Tum Meri Dua
Khuda Jaane Ke.. Main Fidaa Hoon
Khuda Jaane Ke.. Main Mit Gaya..
Khuda Jaane Yeh Kyun Hua Hai Ke Ban Gaye Ho Tum Mere Khuda..

I am no Ranbir Kapoor and I am also not lucky enough to have Deepika in my arms, although I must admit that she is a little tall for my liking. The point that I would like to make is that all this does not stop me from humming these lyrics. After an intense period of analysis of the situation I find that I am being floored not by Miss Padukone but by the lyrics for a change.

Suddenly I realize that this feeling, the lyrics are implying, is so universal and yet the least understood concept of all times. I also have no intention of boring anyone with my take on it but it puts me in a flashback mode, flashback of those sweet times and of memories which remain even though the best part has faded.

I realize that those are memories which at their blossom days could have easily been a potential cause for a cardiac arrest. There are times when certain things become so exciting that a slight stir in them brings forth great levels of anxiety in a positive sense. There were days when your vibrating mobile told you that you had better find a secluded place or risk being moved to a rented apartment.

But I had rather not talk about each and every memory of mine because then my keyboard might give in to the torture meted on to it. I have so much to write which neither my fingers will permit nor will my non anonymous blog. I had rather talk about a girl who lives couple of blocks away from my place and doesn’t know me or maybe she knows me but doesn’t know where I live or she had known me but doesn’t remember or maybe she still remembers me, the point is that the only thing I can say with conviction is that she is beautiful.

I don’t know the meaning of her name but whatever it is I would like to hear it from her so I have till date restrained from subjecting her and her name to Google analysis. I remember the first time I saw her and so do my friends and they remember her with the same interest as mine, whoever said that friends were there to help you must have been lying. She is no Draupadi and I am no Arjun and whatever happened in Mahabharata comes with a statutory warning of please don’t try this at home. I was in ninth standard then and already deviating from my ‘karma’ to study as the reason to play cricket was a better one. We used to play in the park in front of her house and while I was trying to impress her with my cover drives she was busy watching friends who were diving and by the time I switched to diving her interest in cricket had dried. So what was so special about the diving friends? Later I came to know that diving coupled with taking tuition classes together is potentially a killer combo. So I thought of convincing my parents that I need to have an edge in my education graph and what better solution than tuition classes. It wasn’t about the education graph though; It was about the non existent love graph and for the moment she was the only girl that existed on our planet. I joined no classes because of pure lack of genuine information locked in the minds of my friends and i was too shy to accept in front of them that I was falling for her so the information remained locked and that was the end of the graph on which i had drawn the hyperbola of my interest in her with the two separate parts never meeting.

Here my flashback skips through a static because I don’t remember what happened after that and I am fast forwarded to eleventh standard. I remember only one day and that was holi. With faces hard to be recognized we hunted for smaller victims and ran when we were the smaller victims. Soon we retired to the roof tops to test our marksmanship with water balloons. And I saw her from a distance all colored yet ever so enchanting, as if I had seen for the first time in my life a rainbow so close to ground. If I had a robe I would have jumped from the roof as superman does in his movies but I had none and there was also no first aid in sight. With a balloon in my hand I saw p1, p2, p3, p4 etc etc playing holi with her; I swear to god I am no less than Arjun when it comes to taking aims but we had run out of balloons and the only one I held in my hand had already been dedicated to someone who was tops in my hit list. I was disappointed and so were my friends. Good for them.

I here hit another static and remember the last few months of the present year. Saw her after a long time, she still is good looking but has gained some weight while I have been losing plenty. Friends have now become more helpful because either they have shifted or owe their allegiance to some other lady. So what comes between us now? Well this time around I have grown more intelligent so collected all the available information first. It is like I can now write her autobiography. The problem is that she is now committed. So my friends the moral of the story is ‘catch them young’ and if you can’t then don’t be disappointed because you have my company. I still would prefer to look into her eyes someday and tell her how beautiful she is with whatever implications it may have but I would delay it till I am too old to walk properly without assistance, that way I can always terrorize her with my cane if she doesn’t reciprocate. They say Old is Gold and I am sure she’ll be a gem even then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey,
nice post ranger, u reminded of my small encounters.. keep writing